First-time visitor? You might like to take a look at the introduction.
Check out the ebook edition—a remastered, expanded, and revised PDF/Kindle/ePub update to the original blog.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Day 137

We’re expected to beat Bath pretty comfortably away from home tomorrow. It’s important that we win, I think, after the disappointment in the FA Cup against Crewe last time out.
match-odds-2012-08-29-21-31.jpg
The journalists at the pre-match press conference really got on my goat today. They kept asking for my opinion on how other teams would fare in their matches this week, pressing me for a response when I told them it wasn’t my place to make predictions. I gave them their headline, though, stating that I think we’ll win the league this season.

I’m actually not so confident. But I think we’re a great chance for it, and we’re setting the pace, so it’s time to put out a challenge to the other managers: pick up and keep up, or be left in our dust. If we’re still top at Christmas, then I’ll be confident. But a lot could happen in the meantime, so it’s just big talk for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment