First-time visitor? You might like to take a look at the introduction.
Check out the ebook edition—a remastered, expanded, and revised PDF/Kindle/ePub update to the original blog.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Day 94

Newcastle accepted my loan offer for young industrious midfielder Michael Richardson. He agreed to join us at 11:45pm. Christophe may now find himself warming the bench instead of starting (when he's fit).

I scheduled a Reserves match against Long Eaton tomorrow. I need to take another look at the trial men (Akyel, Mofokeng, Chalwe, Burgess, Tô, and Ahmadi).

The first-team squad is apparently still unfamiliar with our starting formation. Considering that I've barely changed it at all in the past ten matches, I find this puzzling. Surely bumping one of the wide men a little further up the pitch then back to the old spot, then bumping the other wide man forward, could not have such a big impact?
tactic-familiarity-levels-2012-07-17-23-57.png

Eh, I don't know. I switched the additional focus area of our match preparation from defensive positioning to defending set pieces. Hopefully that will prevent a future late-game set-piece goal scored against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment